Divine Obedience Disobeyed by the Man-Made Novus Ordo
Alexandra Clark| The Daily Knight
In another episode of Mass Conversions, Fr. Samuel Waters, answers some important questions that priests and the laity can find very helpful in the current diabolical times we live in.
Here are few of the questions that are discussed:
✍️ When it comes to the Novus Ordo, we should not fall into the modernist trap. Validity is not the issue, as a Catholic shouldn't we be more concerned with thinking what is pleasing to God?
✍️Obedience is to God, yes, but how is the Novus Ordo disobedient to God?
✍️ Are you the only one speaking about the Novus Ordo like this Fr. Waters? ( Here he speaks about a recent interview of Archbishop Vigano, who said this regarding the Novus Ordo and the Mass of All Time:
"..the sacred action of the Mass contains the doctrine, morality, spirituality and discipline of the ecclesial body that celebrates the Liturgy. Thus, just as the Catholic Mass is a perfect and coherent expression of the Catholic Magisterium, the reformed liturgy [the Novus Ordo] is an expression of conciliar deviations; indeed, it reveals and confirms its heterodox essence without the ambiguities and verbiage of the Vatican II texts. We could say, to use a simile, that the healthy blood of the Gospel flows in the veins of the Tridentine Mass, while the new rite flows with the infected blood of heresy and the spirit of the world."
Father Waters explains three important points:
1) We learn from the story of Cain and Abel what God wants from us. He wants our best. Abel offered to God the best of his lambs. It was accepted. Cain offered what he wanted to offer to God. It was not his best and it was not accepted. Both of these offerings were true offerings. Abel offered an offering and so did Cain. They were both true offerings. However only one was accepted, the one from Abel. He offered the best. Cain offered what he wanted to offer. Abel was obedient, Cain was disobedient and that is why his offering was not accepted. The true/validness of it had nothing to do with it not being accepted.
2) Fast Forward to the Protestant Reformation. The first thing they all did was get rid of the Holy Mass of the Catholic Church. Next, they made up their own worship service/offering. They decided/determined what they would offer to God...
3) Fast Forward to Vatican II and the New Mass (Novus Ordo). The New Mass was developed with the help of six Protestant ministers at the Second Vatican Council. They are from the same source of the Protestant Reformation who are disobedient to God by not offering to God the Acceptable Sacrifice, but what THEY want to give to God. Is the new worship service of the Catholic Church a true/valid service. Yes, but they are being disobedient by not giving God the Acceptable Sacrifice, but giving God what they want to give to Him. Establishing the principle of disobedience in the worship service for the people attending and the priest who officiates at it has ramifications.
When the lay person moves into this way of thinking and acting, they become the person who determines what they will give to God, like Cain did. They decide, I will give this to God. They stop asking or they never ask God, “what do you want from me”? Doing the Will of God is essential to living the Catholic Life and is a necessary question on the way to Salvation. When the person themselves are determining what is being offered, he can cut down or cut out whatever he is offering to God. The Immemorial Roman Rite (also know at the Traditional Latin Mass, the Mass of All Times, & Tridentine Mass), Approved and Received (this is the term to describe the Mass in the language of Dogma) opens the life of the Catholic to seek the Will of God and points him in the direction to give his entire life to God in the way Christ gave His life for us to His Father. The New Mass directs the Catholic to decide for himself what and how much he will give to God leaving the rest of his life for himself. This is one of the reasons why Religious Vocations are so few in the Novus Ordo Church. Religious Vocations require the Catholic to give all of themselves to God.
The two books recommended by Fr. Waters can be read free online here:
1) The Ottaviani Intervention: A Critical Study of the New Mass by Alfredo Cardinal Ottaviani and Antonio Cardinal Bacci
2) The Suicide of Altering the Faith in the Liturgy by Father Paul L. Kramer
🔔Subscribe & click the bell! to get the next episode in our Mass Conversions series!
What do we mean by a time for Mass Conversions? The first meaning is of a literal sense. All faithful Catholics should have a desire and zeal for the salvation of souls and want MASSive amounts of conversions to the One, Holy, Catholic & Apostolic Church. During our current crisis within the Church, it is a time to turn back with even more love & devotion to that which has saved & sanctified Catholics. And thus, in a second meaning, “Mass Conversions” is that turning back to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass ~ Christ's one perfect redemptive Sacrifice on the Cross. The Mass which is the heart of the Faith!
MassConversions: LEARN the Holy Mass, LOVE the Holy Mass, & LIVE the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass!
(This project is dedicated to the Immaculata for the revival of the Love of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass)