FASTING, PRAYER, & PENANCE: Join the Ordo Equites Res Publica, Knights of the Republic, in a time of fasting, prayer, and penance for the sanctity of life for the Irish unborn. May our prayers be answered on Ireland's Referendum Day (May 25) to deny the legalization of abortion. Protect Catholic Ireland; protect the unborn. Starting tomorrow, member Knights will:
- conduct Friday's (tomorrow) normal practice of partial abstaining from meat, attending confession, and
completing reconciliation at Eucharistic Adoration.
- Vigil of Pentecost (Saturday): full abstaining of meat and dairy products, fast until Vespers (dusk), break fast with only water & bread, pray the Rosary, and repent for your sins.
- Break fast on Pentecost (Sunday)
- Pentecost Monday to Pentecost Saturday: full abstaining of meat and dairy products, fast until Vespers (dusk), break fast with only water & bread, pray the Rosary, and repent for your sins.
- Fasting and Abstaining for Ember Days (Wed, Fri, & Sat) will be fulfilled by this fasting period.
- Pentecost Friday: also attend confession and complete reconciliation at Eucharistic Adoration.
- Break fast for Trinity Sunday.
Ora pro nobis.